Advocacy and guidance

Advocacy and guidance

Do you need advice or advocacy, but don’t know who to turn to? Send a note to our Advocacy Specialists. The Student Union’s Advocacy Specialists can advise you and direct you onwards as best they can. They can help you, for example, in conflict situations with the University, in matters related to students’ health as well as many other issues to do with student life. If you are coming to Finland from abroad to study, you can also contact us with questions regarding residency, for example.

Advice on developing the education in your own study field or School is available from the Student Representatives in Administration appointed by AYY.

With questions related to subsistence, it is best to first consult Kela, and in terms of employment rights, your own trade organisation.


AYY’s harassment contact persons

Have you experienced or encountered bullying, sexual harassment or racism in the Aalto community?

Services for members

Student wellbeing

There are help and services supporting wellbeing available to Aalto University students from a number of different operators.

Services for members

Students’ rights

The Student Union offers advice to each of its members, relays feedback onwards at the University and defends the students’ rights.

Services for members

Student Representatives

Student Representatives in Administration, aka Hallopeds, are Aalto students who participate in the decision-making and development of the University.

  • Published:
  • Updated:
URL copied!