Need for a different type of apartment
Sometimes situations in life can change and your current apartment no longer meets your needs in terms of size or location, for example. If you need a different kind of apartment, you can apply for apartment transfer.
Applying for apartment transfer
- Apply for a different kind of apartment by filling in the application form in Domo as usual.
- Add attachments and information to the application that show why you need apartment transfer. If there are health reasons behind the need for apartment transfer, please attach a medical certificate to your application.
- If you already have a valid application for apartments you would like to exchange for, please add an attachment to your application.
- Keep checking your email when you apply for apartment transfer. You can only get one offer for apartment transfer.
- If you live in a friends’ or family apartment, all residents have to move out of the apartment. We need to be able to offer your former apartment to the next tenant.
- The demand for the apartment is considered when reviewing the grounds for transfer. Therefore, if you apply for a low demand apartment, the exchange of apartments is more likely to happen.
- If you have only just received a new apartment from AYY, you can receive a new offer for an apartment in another housing group after six months at the earliest. Exceptions to the waiting period can only be made for particularly weighty reasons.
If you have lived in your current apartment for less than two years, the reasons for transfer must be weighty. If you have lived in the apartment for a longer period, you may be granted transfer on lighter grounds. Please note that AYY cannot guarantee transfer even if the conditions are met.
Termination of the current lease
When AYY offers you a new apartment, you do not have to worry about the notice period. Sometimes a new apartment can be offered at less than a month’s notice, but AYY does not collect double rent from its residents in this situation. Your current lease will be automatically terminated at the start of the new lease. If, for any reason, you need both apartments for the next month, please contact the housing services. In this case, you must pay rent for both apartments.