Autumn 2021 campaign between September 1st and November 30th
The autumn campaign #LuovutusAalto will start on September 1st. You can visit the Dipoli blood donation event on Wednesday, September 15th between 11:30 and 16:00. There will a Blood Service information desk in the main lobby during the event, where you can talk and ask about donating blood and the criteria for it.
The associations that have donated the most blood, both quantitatively and in percentage terms in relation to their number of members, are awarded the use of one of AYY’s sauna facilities for one night, a diploma from the Blood Service – and of course glory and adoration! All donors also receive a yearly overall patch from the Blood Service. One donation helps three patients. Read the instructions below and come and save lives!
Here you can read more on corona safety in blood donation.
How to participate in the campaign?
1. Register a VeriRyhmä group for your association (in Finnish). Name your group AYY + name of your association.
Did your association take part in the #LuovutusAalto campaign some years ago? Then you do not have to establish a new group. You can update the information of your group if needed. If you want to change the contact person of your existing group, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
2. Donate blood as a group or individually at a Blood Service Centre. Remember to book a time here. Every donator needs to book an own time. Remember to mention the name of your VeriRyhmä group to the staff at the Blood Service Centre! Take your official ID with photo and Finnish identity number with you! You should reserve approximately an hour for the donation.
4. All donations made between September 1st and November 30th count towards the campaign’s donations, as long as you remember to tell the name of your VeriRyhmä group at the Blood Service Centre. This means that you can donate blood at a Blood Service Centre or blood donation event anywhere in Finland.
5. Feeling nervous? Not to worry! The Blood Service website has detailed instructions about how to act when donating blood and what really happens there. You should also test whether you are suitable as a donor beforehand. If you have any questions regarding blood donation, please call the Blood Service’s free info phone, tel. 0800 0 5801 (open on weekdays between 8:00 and 17:00).
6. Share your experiences! Tell your friends about the campaign and use the hashtags #LuovutusAalto and #VeriRyhmä on social media.
Where can I donate?
Blood donation events in Espoo:
Otaniemi, Dipoli's Palaver-hall 15.9. and 24.11. at 11:30–16.
Leppävaara, Sellosali 6.9. at 17–19.
Closest to Mikkeli is the blood donating event in Concert and event hall Mikaeli 15.9. at 12:30–17:30.
There are three Blood Services in Helsinki region:
Veripalvelu Espoo, Shopping Centre Iso Omena (Suomenlahdentie 1), palvelutorikerros (3. floor).
Veripalvelu Helsinki, Sanomatalo, Töölönlahdenkatu 2 (2. floor).
Veripalvelu Helsinki, Kivihaka, Kivihaantie 7.
You can search blood donation events and Blood Service offices all over Finland at veripalvelu.fi/luovutuspaikat.
For questions regarding blood donation, please call the Blood Service’s free info phone, tel. 0800 0 5801 open on weekdays between 8:00 and 17:00).
If you have any questions about the #LuovutusAalto campaign or registration, please contact AYY’s Communication Specialist Julia Wihuri at: [email protected]
Let’s save lives together with all of AYY – #LuovutusAalto!