Instructions for Candidates and Alliances
Contact us: vaalit(at)ayy.fi
- 28 Aug: Candidate nomination period begins
- 2 Oct: Membership payment deadline. Persons who have not paid the membership fee by the deadline are not entitled to vote.
- 2 Oct: Candidate nomination period ends (by 4pm)
- 3 Oct–8 Nov: Election advertising is allowed
- 5 Oct: Completing inadequate information in nomination forms and withdrawing candidacy (by 4pm)
- 11 Oct (at the latest): List of candidates is displayed
- 9–22 Oct Candidate matcher is open for candidates
- 20 Oct: Remarks on the list of candidates must be submitted (by 4pm)
- 25 Oct–9 Nov Candidate matcher is open for voters
- 1–8 Nov: Voting period
- 2 Nov: Election panel
- 8 Nov: Elections and Election Night Event
- 9 Nov: Confirmation of election results
- 17 Nov: Election ads must be removed
All members of the Student Union are eligible to stand for election with two exceptions: members of the Central Election Committee in the elections they are preparing, and those employed by the Student Union during the term of the Representative Council.
The deadline for candidate nomination was 2 Oct at 4 pm.
Candidates can join or create an electoral alliance. Candidates can also stand as independent candidates outside electoral alliances, but please note that being an independent candidate reduces your chances of being elected due to our electoral system of proportional representation. Candidate, who wishes to join an electoral alliance, should contact the representative of the electoral alliance, and report their electoral alliance in the nomination form.
Two or more candidates can form their own electoral alliance. The electoral alliance needs a representative and a vice-representative who will keep track of the alliance’s candidates and fill out the alliance agreement. There can be at most 45 candidates in one electoral alliance.
Electoral alliances can form an electoral coalition by their representatives filling out the coalition agreement. One or more candidates who do not belong to an electoral alliance have the same right.