AYY is looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Communications Specialist to create the best student union communications in the world!
Communications Specialist is responsible for the Student Union’s external communications and member communications and its development based on AYY’s strategies. Communications focus on community events, student advocacy and the Student Union’s business relations. We hope that the new Communications Specialist brings fresh ideas for developing AYY’s communication channels and operating methods as well as positive drive to the communications sector!
Communication Specialist’s tasks include:
- Writing newsletters and compiling a weekly newsletter
- Managing, developing and producing content for AYY’s social media (FB, IG, Twitter and Linkedin)
- Participating in the development and implementation of the Student Union’s external and internal communications
- Participating in the implementation of AYY’s brand strategy
- Training and sparring other AYY operators in communications
- Editing the Student Union’s large publications, such as the annual report and student calendar
- Coordinating event marketing and community communications
- Creating ideas for community and event communications with volunteers
Applicants are required to have:
- Applied higher education
- Experience in multi-channel communications
- Experience in the production of social media content
- Good interaction and teamwork skills
- Ability to understand the big picture and pick up new skills, as well as the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Independence, enthusiasm and initiative, the ability to implement decisions effectively and, at times, flexibility in working hours
- Fluency in oral and written Finnish and English
- Motivation to train and present communication issues to others
- Enthusiasm to develop the student union communications
What we consider beneficial:
- Experience in updating websites
- Student union or NGO experience
- Fluency in oral and written Swedish
- Video and photography skills
- Versatile specialist task where you can put your own ideas into action and develop your skills
- Support of a skilled team in a dynamic and enthusiastic work community
- Excellent employee benefits
- Opportunity for remote work and functioning work environment in Otaniemi with good transport links
The employment relationship is permanent and full-time, and we wish that the hired person will start in the position as soon as possible. The salary is determined by a collective agreement of the student unions (salary category III, plus education and experience allowances).
If you are the person we are looking for, please send your application and CV by Thursday, 7 Nov 2019, to [email protected]. We will contact the referrals of the persons who will continue in the application process, so please include the contact details of your referrals in your CV or application already in the application phase. Interviews will be held on Monday, 11 Nov, and Tuesday, 12 Nov.
For more information on the position, please contact Communications Specialist Henna Palonen (henna.palonen(a)ayy.fi; telephone 050 520 9440) between 10am-5pm on 28 Oct-1 Nov 2019.
Aalto University Student Union AYY is an advocacy and service organisation for approx. 14,000 students. In total, AYY employs about 50 people and has dozens of volunteers and organisations. AYY is a young and innovative operator in the student union field, where you can implement your own ideas and create something new. As a working environment, AYY is modern and very flexible.