Advance booking of facilities for the spring of 2024
Advance booking of facilities in a nutshell
The advance booking of rental facilities is one of the benefits of AYY’s associations. Reservations are made using AYY’s own booking system, TILA. TILA can be found at tila.ayy.fi/ and users can log in with their Aalto user ID. Check out the rental facilities here.
The first booking round is for the Subject associations and the second one for other associations.
In this booking round, you can book facilities for the period 8th Jan 2024 - 4th Aug 2024
In the system, the booking schedule for facilities is as follows:
- Subject associations
The booking time starts at 12noon on Mon November 20th and ends at 12noon on Wed November 29th. Advance booking sessions will be held on Thu November 30th at 4.30pm at Otakaari 1, M232, M1. Please be prepared to negotiate possible double bookings in Advance booking sessions. If the representative of an association is not present to stand up for the booking, the booking will be deleted from the calendar. Please note that you cannot book recreational facilities: Multi-Facility Hall, Tatami Hall or Association Room until the second booking round together with other associations starting on Mon the 4th December.*
- Other associations
The booking time starts at 12noon on Mon December 4th and ends at 12noon on Wed December 13th. Advance booking sessions will be held on Thu December 14th at 4.30pm at Otakaari 1, M232 M1. Please be prepared to negotiate possible double bookings in Advance booking sessions. If the representative of an association is not present to stand up for the booking, the booking will be deleted from the calendar. This session is also for subject associations, if you have booked recreational facilities.*
After the advance booking round, the booking calendar will be opened to other bookers on December 15th or when all the overlapping bookings have been settled.
*Important note! Reservations for three recreational facilities (Multi-Facility Hall, Tatami Hall , Association Room) cannot be made until the second booking round starting on December 4th. For these facilities, associations must be prepared to clarify double bookings in Advance booking session on December 14th at 4.30pm. This applies to all subject associations and other associations. The purpose is to guarantee all associations more equal opportunities to book these highly popular free facilities.
Please note! Heinävaara's sauna facility and Architechture Guild´s cottage are no longer included in the prebooking rounds for spring 2024
Heinävaara's sauna and cabinet has returned to residental use only on 1st November 2023.
The reservations to Architechture Guild´s cottage are no longer be made in the Tila system starting 6th November 2023. The reservations will be made directly through the lodge foundation. Information about the new reservation system will be updated on the Guild´s website.
Booking rights of associations
Two associations within the AYY, Polyteknikkojen orkesteri ry (Polytech orchestra PO) and Retuperän WBK ry (the firebrigade orchestra RWBK) have rehearsed in Servin mökki (Smökki) Mondays and Tuesdays.
In the advance booking of AYY’s one-off rental facilities for associations, associations have been instructed to avoid use of Smökki on Monday and Tuesday evenings. This has, however, resulted in insufficient rehearsal opportunities for the orchestras. Thus, the AYY board has allowed PO and RWBK to participate in the advance booking in the first round as equals to subject associations. This concerns only Monday and Tuesday evenings in Smökki.
Bookings for annual celebration and herring breakfast by subject associations are prioritised over the reservations of other associations. Bookings made by subject associations during their booking period are confirmed after the period ends. Possible double bookings of subject associations will be clarified after the end of the first booking round. Subject associations will not have to defend their bookings later. Exceptions to this are recreational facilities (Multi-Facility Hall, Tatami Hall and Association Room), for which all associations can make reservations only on the second booking round. For these three facilities, double bookings will be clarified for all associations only after the end of the second booking round.
Double bookings can only be made within the period when reservations are made. Please note that AYY’s internal reservations are, in principle, permanent. After the booking period, double bookings are clarified in the advance booking sessions. If the facility sector notices that a certain association has made too many reservations and thus significantly reduced the opportunity of other associations to benefit from AYY’s facilities, AYY reserves the right to request additional clarification or cancel the already confirmed reservations.
Instructions for making reservations:
- Facilities are reserved under the name of the association. The activation key has been sent to the e-mail address provided by the associations (generally this has been the list address of the association board). If necessary, persons who have taken care of the facility bookings can distribute their rights through TILA system to the new board members of associations, for example.
- Only one association books the facility, if you book a space for a joint event of several associations. Write the other organizers in the event details. This speeds up the process of booking, while avoiding unnecessary settlings in the advance booking sessions. When the calendar does not report any overlaps, the joint event can be accepted directly.
- The name of the event must be entered in the reservation. If there is no name, the event can be deleted if there is a need for the reserved facility for the same day at a later stage of the advance booking session.
- Only book facilities according to actual need. The facilities are used by many associations who have a need for facilities. Especially Smökki and Rantasauna are wanted.
- Bear in mind the usage hours of rental facilities and contact the services office asap if you change your planned event times.
- If possible, please avoid booking Smökki on Mondays and Tuesdays: PO has rehearsals at Smökki every Monday evening and RWBK every Tuesday evening.
- Check out the price list and the terms of usage (e.g. time restrictions, age limits of the person in charge, cleaning and checklists).
- Cancellation is free of charge until 14 days prior to the event. Cancelletions made after that as well as unused bookings will be charged in full.
- Please also remember to cancel your booking well in advance if you no longer need the facilities.
- In case of long booking periods or several double bookings, the representative of a group that made the reservation should be prepared to justify their booking. If necessary, we will contact the bookers at the end of the booking round.
- If your event requires special arrangements, please contact AYY's services in advance to find out whether the arrangements in question are possible in the space you have booked.
If you have not received a confirmation ID for the user group you represent or if you have any questions related to the advance booking, you can contact AYY Member Services: [email protected]
Rent facilities or van
AYY's members can rent saunas, meeting rooms, and venues for academic dinner parties at an affordable price. You can read about the facilities and rental terms in more detail on this site.