Aava Community Section promotes, maintains and renews the Aalto culture. Aava’s goal is to bring together all Aalto University students and make it possible for all Aalto members to have fun and great experiences.
The best student life in the world in sections and committees
There are five sections in AYY: Teekkari Section, Community Section Aava, Campus Section, Museum Section and Advocacy Management Group (more commonly known as EduJory). This an next year, we also have AYY10 section and year 2020 we will have a new section called Section for Artistic Activities (formerly Steering Group for Artistic Activities).
Sections are the lively beating heart of the Aalto community activities. The ideas of the sections enrich the student culture and bring colour to the campus. The workload of a member of a section is a few hours a week. In connection with events and projects, more workhours may be required. A member of the section may also have a committee to lead, which also takes time.
This year, the call for applications for section chairs is open from 1 Nov until 30 Nov. To serve as the chair of a section, you will need enthusiasm and motivation, a work-oriented approach and a willingness to lead a group of volunteers for a year.
The chairs select from five to ten members to their sections, who are responsible for an event or project to be executed during the year. The Museum Section is an exception, which is open for applications throughout the year. The term of office of the Museum Section members is three years. EduJory is led by the AYY board member in charge of academic affairs. AYY board member in charge of artistic activities selects section of artistic activities and the section chair will be chosen in the first meeting of the year.
Sections are close teams, groups of friends, that share the joys and sorrows throughout the year and spend a lot of leisure time together. The sections meet approximately once a week.
Committees complete AYY’s field of operations. The committees are usually recruited around a specific event, project or interest (recruited committees) or some are assembled from association’s active members (assembling committees).
Some committees have their chair directly from a section. These are the ones that operate under the Teekkari Section:
- Freshman Committee (FTMK), members from the associations
- ISO Committee (ITMK), members from the associations
- Internationality Committee (KvTMK), members from the associations
- Hosts and Hostesses (IE), members from the associations
- Party Committee (JTMK), open call for members
- Precentor Committee, members from the associations
- Teekkari Tradition Committee (TPTMK), open call for members
- Welfare Committee (HVTMK), members from the associations
If you are interested in acting as the chair of these committees, please apply for the Teekkari Section.
The following committees operate under Aava and are chaired by Aava members:
- Anniversary Committee (VujuTMK), open call for members (members for year 2020 already chosen)
- Afterparty Committee (AFPTMK), open call for members
- Outdoor Games Committee (UPTMK), open call for members
Project committee (PTMK), , open call for members
Sports Committee (LTMK), members from associations
- Communications Committee (VTMK), members from associations
- Chief Editor Committee, members from associations
- Treasurer Committee, members from associations
If you are interested in acting as the chair of these committees, please apply for Aava.
For some committees, the chair and/or members are recruited separately. These include:
Corporate Relations Committee, the chair is recruited, members from special status associations
Study Council, the chair is recruited, school-specific members are recruited
This form is used to apply for a section member DL 8.12.2019
Lue lisää jaostoista ja toimikunnista
The Campus section develops, maintains and activates the Otaniemi campus. It aims to create an even more enjoyable place to live and study, creating the requisites for student culture, community spirit, and wellbeing.