Instructions for AYY's new residents
We welcome new residents to pick up the apartment keys on the moving day (the first weekday of the month). If you are unable to pick up the keys on the moving day, you can authorise someone else to collect the keys.
How to move in
How to get the keys:
- You can pick up the keys to your new apartment from our Services Office (Otakaari 11, Espoo) on the first working day of the month between 12noon and 4pm. You can check the opening hours here.
- If you are unable to pick up the keys on the day of moving, you can authorise someone else to collect the keys for you with a power of attorney.
- The person collecting the keys must have a printed power of attorney. If you are unable to print the document, please send the power of attorney by email both to the person who will pick up the keys and to [email protected] before the day of moving.
- You can also exchange the keys with the previous resident. In this case, the leaving resident submits the signed key handover agreement to the Services Office on the day of moving. Please check the condition of the apartment before signing. By signing the agreement, you also accept the condition of the apartment. If you do not have the contact information of the previous resident, you can send the person a message via Domo's contact feature.
- The services office cannot give you the keys before the official moving day, even if the apartment was empty or the previous tenant had returned the keys.
How to inspect the apartment when moving in:
- Check the condition of your new home and fill out an electronic housing inspection form within one week of collecting the keys.
- If you are unable to collect your keys within a week from the moving day, please contact AYY real estate with this form, so that they can inspect the apartment's condition for you.
- If there are any clear shortcomings or deficiencies in the apartment or its cleanliness, please take photos and report the shortcomings/deficiencies immediately to AYY real estate.
- The maintenance company will help you with standard and acute defects. Check out the division of responsibilities chart to see who is responsible for fixing defects.
- Please contact us if you want to use a storage unit or if you have any other questions about storage space. A separate lease is made for each storage unit.
Living in AYY's apartment
Anything else to remember when moving in?
- Open an electricity contract if electricity is not included in the rent of your apartment.
- Check that the fire alarms are working. Read more about fire safety here.
- We recommend that you take a home insurance. According to the law, the tenant is liable both for movables in the apartment and for the damage caused to the apartment by one's own actions. It is important to have a home insurance because otherwise the previously mentioned damages will be paid by you.
- Remember to apply for housing allowance from Kela. You can check if you are entitled to housing allowance and fill in the application on Kela's website.
- Become familiar with AYY’s housing rules, which every tenant must follow when living in AYY's housing. Please pay special attention to quiet hours.
- Subscribe to tenants newsletter -list, so that you get important and useful information about living in AYY apartment.
Tips for getting started:
- You can make laundry room reservations at Domo.
- Contact us if you want to have a regular sauna reservation or a parking space.
- Want to paint your apartment? AYY pays for the paints! Read the instructions.
- See the tips for recycling and waste sorting.
- Is there an internet connection? What if I lose my key? Check the ABCs of Housing.
- Would you like to organise an event? Rent AYY’s facilities or saunas.
- Please remember to submit a notification of change of address and share your new address with family and friends as well.
Residents having influence
At AYY, you can influence the comfort of living and develop housing as a castle warden, in building meetings, resident council and housing cooperative.
You can join a resident council or run for the position of a castle warden at the November-December building meetings and get to develop housing and residential activities. Follow the social media channels of AYY Housing
and your own building to stay up to date.
The castle warden is a trustee elected by the residents. You can ask the castle warden for help if you want to join the communication channels of your building or work on projects that increase the comfort of living. You can find the contact information of castle wardens here and on the notice board in your staircase.
You can also influence the comfort of living and the resident community by your own actions. Greet your neighbours and roommates and take the other residents into account. We hope you enjoy your new home!
This page contains important information for those who move houses regarding the keys, condition and renovation of the apartment, as well as electricity contracts.
On this page, you will find a collection of general housing instructions, such as the booking of laundry rooms or getting a parking space for yourself.
Responsibilities and instructions related to maintenance of apartments. Contact information for maintenance and Securitas door opening service.
In residential activities, you have the opportunity to influence the comfort and community of your living.
Do you have questions concerning AYY's housing?